Episode #91: Finding a Field of Work that Fuels You with @MarciKWalton
As you think about "should I stay or should I go" in your current job or career path, you might want to take a listen to this week's #InVinoFab with Marci Walton.
Marci Walton (she/her) spent more than a decade crafting learning experiences for students and staff at colleges and universities, which led her to her strengths and skills to make the leap out of higher ed to corporate learning and development. As a Training Consultant with an Employee Assistance Programs, she provides learning opportunities for thousands of employees throughout the world to live happier, healthier, more productive lives. In her free time, she enjoys bullet journaling, traveling, spoiling her niece, and being entertained by her two French Bulldogs. Connect to Marci Walton on Twitter & LinkedIn
“The good work that you’ve done, doesn’t leave when you do.” ~ @MarciKWalton
- Follow @ResLifePuppy Iggy on Twitter
- More about Jesuit Colleges & Universities
- Spreadsheet: Higher Ed Career Tracker
- Expats of Student Affairs Facebook Group
- What is Human Resource Development?
- The Basics of Adult Learning
- Learning in the Flow of Work
- Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go: Career Conversations Employees Want by Beverly Kaye & Julie Winkle Giulioni
- Coaching Questions: A Coach's Guide to Powerful Asking Skills by Tony Stoltzfus
- Follow on Twitter: @HRSocialHour and hashtag #HRSocialHour
- Cara North
- Association for Talent Development (ATD)
- Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) & my own take on certification.
- Want to learn more about the certification? ATD Panel: Do Employers Value Certification? April 29, 2021 at 1 pm EDT
- Transitioning To Remote Work: A Practical Guide
- 10 questions to ask in a job interview that will really expose a company’s culture
- Experimenting with Our Identities @ Work
- Episode #83: Getting Unstuck in your Mid-Career Job Search with @monicamfochtman
- Webinar (Apr. 27): Make the Move: A Conversation with Marci and Monica at 7 pm EDT
- Meme: “Peace is the new success.”
- Buttonwood Winery: Syrah Rose
- Episode #35: Learning & Development with @HRGore
- #WomenInLearning LinkedIn Group
- Learning Guild
- Training Magazine
Reflection questions if you’re thinking about going on the job market:
- Are you running from something, or are you running to something?
- How is this coming across in a job interview or prospective employer?
- What does success look like for you?
- How are you building your network in a new domain of work?
In Vino Fabulum! In Wine, Story!
- Subscribe to #InVinoFab podcast on Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you catch your pods.
- Follow us on Twitter @InVinoFab or IG: @invinofab
- Email us to be a guest or share a topic suggestion? firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect with your co-hosts (she/her) on Twitter: @laurapasquini & @profpatrice