Episode #81: Bringing Chaos, Play, & Experimentation into your Life with Kristin Powers
“How do you invite more opportunities to invite chaos into your life?” Learn how our guest Kristin Powers inspires others to play, experiment, and try new things.
In this episode of #InVinoFab podcast, we were delighted to chat with Kristin Powers. Not only does Kristin have a superhero name, but we think she lives a superhero life. From our conversation about play, experimentation, nature, and creativity, we have no doubt that you will learn so much from her resilience and self-directed learning. Kristin encourages our listeners to develop a taste for failure with practice, like a fine wine or an exotic delicacy. She brings both art and science to her personal and professional life with her works at Coursetune Inc. as the Director of Storytelling and Client Engagement. Kristin’s original paintings can be viewed and purchased, and you can join her Artist’s Insider Circle newsletter at: www.kristinpowers.com
Here are a few of the many things we chat about on this episode:
- Intentional Futures
- Burnout Book Club (last episode #80)
- Being Agile & Iterative
- Agile Faculty by Rebecca Pope-Ruark
- Self-Talk - The Story We Tell Ourselves & Reframing
- Why the KonMari Method™ Works
- Self-Efficacy for Resilience and Encouragement
- What is Rhizomatic Learning?
- Foraging: A Beginners Guide
- Happiness is an Inside Job by John Powell
- Food Wars (Anime)
- Embodied Cognition
- 15 Ways to Build a Growth Mindset
- Brene Brown’s Books
- Call for Instructional Designers: Come tell your story to Kristin about the work you love!
- Kristin’s Mottos: Stay curious, Create opportunity for chaos (unexpected), practice
- Beverage: sparkling water with grapefruit juice and a slice of lime
- The Booksellers (documentary)
- Stuffed (documentary)
- Forged in Fire (TV show)
- Plant: Step outside and learn a new plant name!
- Joy: Snails and Snail Photography
“How do you invite more opportunities to invite chaos into your life?” asks Kristin Powers
Top 3 ways Kristin wants us to invite experimentation into our daily lives:
- Personal appearance/grooming style
- Navigating to take interesting routes for discovery
- Cooking experimentation
In Vino Fabulum! In Wine, Story!
- Subscribe to #InVinoFab podcast on Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you catch your pods.
- Follow us on Twitter @InVinoFab or IG: @invinofab
- Email us to be a guest or share a topic suggestion? firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect with your co-hosts (she/her) on Twitter: @laurapasquini & @profpatrice