Episode #79: Digital Leadership, Mindset Growth, & Candid Consulting Talk with @josieahlquist
On this episode with chat openly about the life what it takes to start & endure as an entrepreneur in education -- the highs, lows, and wins of having your own business before and during a pandemic, connecting to community, and more!
Dr. Josie Ahlquist is a digital engagement and leadership researcher, speaker, and author. She teaches teens, young adults, education professionals, and campus executives how to humanize technology tools and prioritize building online communities. She also serves as a research associate and instructor at Florida State University, creating curriculum to build digital literacy and leadership skills for undergraduates up to doctorate level students. Her new book, Digital Leadership in Higher Education: Purposeful Social Media in a Connected World was listed as an Amazon #1 new release for college and university student life. As an “accidental entrepreneur” we chat about the realities of owning a small business, digital presence online, being selective for the projects to take on, and how building rapport is wrapped up in our own stories and values.
- The Lessons in Digital Empathy We Learned in 2020
- Subscribe & Listen to Dr. Josie & the Podcast
- Campus Leaders as Digital Storytellers
- A Values-Based Approach to Your Digital Brand
- Authenticity and Vulnerability as a VPSA
- Why You Should Become an “Intrapreneur”
- Mindsets: What they are and why they matter.
- What is a Mastermind Group?
- How to Calculate Your Freelance Hourly Rate
- Adam Grant: Are you a giver or a taker? | TED Talk
- If you’re going to say yes to something, what are you going to say no to?
- Every Resource a Full-Time Freelancer Could Ever Need
- Just a few (of many) resources freelancers might need: Healthcare, Accountants, Lawyer, Life Insurance, Retirement investing, etc.
- What Job Crafting Looks Like
- Stand Firm: Resisting the Self-Improvement Craze by Svend Brinkmann
- The Connected Exec Course Curriculum
- #DigLead Book Club
- Digital Community Building Cohort
- Wine: Rombauer Red Zinfandel
- Resource: PodHero app
- Story: The Crown + Lovett or Leave It, Ep. Bill Barr, Deep State Warrior
- Joy: Being the Best Auntie
What questions, skills, and communities are you looking for to support your own business start up or on-going hustle?
For more information about Josie Ahlquist’s research, speaking, coaching, and consulting, visit www.josieahlquist.com.
In Vino Fabulum! In Wine, Story!
Subscribe to #InVinoFab podcast on Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you catch your pods. Follow us on Twitter @InVinoFab or IG: @invinofab
Email us to be a guest or share a topic suggestion? firstname.lastname@example.org