Episode #71: Networking Online Now
Oh how networking professionally has changed... this episode Laura & Patrice share their experiences and suggestions for how to keep your networking online going during a pandemic.
In #InVinoFab episode no. 71, Patrice and Laura talk about what it means to network during a pandemic. How can we build meaningful relationships during these COVID-19 times? How are you connecting and growing your professional network virtually right now? This episode reflects on how we’ve been networking online from August to November in a pandemic:
- Event: Building Meaningful Relationships for Your Career hosted by WEST
- #TBT to @InVinoFab Ep. #12: France Baril - a Digital Nomad & Documentation Architect
- Big Friendship by Aminatou Sow & Ann Friedman
- Call Your Girlfriend podcasts & hosts by Aminatou Sow & Ann Friedman
- Donut App (in Slack)
- EdSurge Loop
- Higher Ed Women Community in Might Networks: Gather created by Karen Costa
- 25 Years of Ed Tech: The Serialized Audio Version - “Between the Chapters” book club; Follow @YearsEd on Twitter & Read Martin Weller’s Book: 25 Years of Ed Tech
- How to Write a Journal Article in 12 Weeks by Wendy Laura Belcher
- Higher Ed Coaching Training via Katie Linder
- Coaching Through It podcast hosted by Julie Larsen & Laura
Our #ProTips for Networking Online:
- Follow up when you meet someone online: send a thank you note & set an appointment
- Schedule social meetings online: coffee, lunch, or wine?
- Events around an issue, topic, or book
- Listen and ask questions -- learn about other people's stories and experiences
- Icebreakers for those break out rooms -- get to know one another first!
- Include prompts and/or questions for coffee chats/shuffles/meetups online
- Review the participants who might be attending a virtual conference -- schedule time to meet & chat with them
- Find a new space and place to dedicate the time for virtual conferences - be present without the daily distractions, e.g. email, mobile, etc.
- Reconnecting with current networks, peers, and friends
How are you continuing to expand and grow your network when we are working remotely? How will you join new communities or professional groups online?
In Vino Fabulum! In Wine, Story!
Subscribe to #InVinoFab podcast on Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you catch your pods. Follow us on Twitter @InVinoFab or IG: @invinofab
Email us to be a guest or share a topic suggestion? email@example.com