@Telesomm Pro-Tips: Q&A with Vanessa Raymond
We test out a few of the questions we'll be asking the Telesomm sommeliers on this season of #InVinoFab pod
We're going to be asking a whole lot of questions about wines for the Telesomm sommeliers on season 5 of the pod, so we thought we'd try out a few on the Telesomm app founder, Vanessa Raymond. Turns out -- she's learned a lot working with the community of somms on her app. Here are the questions we tried out and what we learned from this Q&A round.
- What food and wine pairings are you really hyped about now?
- If you were to pair wine with music what would you pair?
- What's your epic fail food & wine pairing story?
- Tell us about the last time a wine took you on a sensory journey
- Using an emoji, what describes your approach to learning wine?
- When you're tasting a wine, how do you taste it? What's your process?
- Favorite food and wine pairing: pulled moose & Chenin Blanc bubbles. Wondering how to make pulled moose?
- Wondering what that is and where you can get some of your own?
- Ella Fitzgerald with Chardonnay
- National Chardonnay Day (May 21). More information on international wine days.
- Looking for some dried fish for your own epic food pairing, or make dried fish yourself!
- Carricante Italian Wine
- Trying out Hungarian and Bulgarian wine
- Emoji for Wine Tasting: 🕵
- Imagine the color of the wine you are tasting -- before you jump to a specific fruit, taste, etc.
- Vivino app -- track the wine you're tasting
Want to learn more about Telesomm? Do you have a wine question or topics we should ask a somm? Let us know!
- Subscribe to the pod + Follow on Twitter: @InVinoFab & IG: invinofab
- Get the Telesomm App + Follow on Twitter: @Telesomm & IG: telesomm.app
- Connect to the hosts: @laurapasquini & @Profpatrice
Music credit: The song Travel to the City by Lesfm has been remixed under a CC-BY license.