Episode #66: Unpacking Privilege
There’s been a bit of radio silence from us on the #InVinoFab for a while, and that’s been intentional. We wanted to spend the last month listening, learning, and unlearning -- so you didn’t need to hear from us. In this episode we unpack a few thoughts and what we're working on with regards to privilege, allyship, and then some. This is just the start of what we will continue to talk about, share, & discuss on the #InVinoFab podcast.
There’s been a bit of radio silence from us on the #InVinoFab for a while, and that’s been intentional. We wanted to spend the last month listening, learning, and unlearning -- so you didn’t need to hear from us. Both Patrice & Laura want to make space and amplify other voices. We can learn so much from others and we want to be candid in how we show up and look at “feminism” more broadly in our personal and professional lives.
- What memories do you have about what your family taught you about diversity?
- What childhood experiences did you have with people of different cultures?
- What does it mean to think of feminism when it is paired with gender identity, sexual orientation, class, race, economics, culture, and more?
- How are you thinking about equity and inclusion lately?
- What are you doing to impact or change any privilege you might possess?
- White Feminism
- White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo (Read this Essay)
- How to Survive [Navigate] Intersectional Feminist Spaces 101
- Sister Outsider by Audrey Lorde
- Me and White Supremacy by Layla F. Saad
- 13th by Ava Duvernay (documentary)
- Women at Work: S.2, Ep. 10: Sisterhood Is Power
- Women at Work: S.5, Ep. 9: Sisterhood Is Critical to Racial Justice
- 1619 Podcast from New York Times
- Code Switch via NPR
Do you want to join us for a future episode to discuss any of the above? Let us know -- we want to hear from you!