Episode #62: Run Club
For this mini-episode of #InVinoFab, Patrice & Laura chat about their big goals for 2020 -- to run a marathon! Listen to the pod as they chat about their races, training plans, gear, safety tips, and more!
For this mini-episode of #InVinoFab, Patrice & Laura chat about their big goals for 2020 -- to run a marathon! Listen to the pod as they chat about their races, training plans, gear, safety tips, and things to consider as we log MANY miles and prepare for these races:
- Chicago Marathon https://www.chicagomarathon.com/ October 11, 2020
- Big Sur Marathon https://www.bigsurmarathon.org/races/marathon/ April 26, 2020
Advice for marathon training:
- How to Train for a Marathon https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/training-for-your-first-marathon.html
- 26 Tips for Running Your Best 26.2 https://www.runnersworld.com/training/a20808326/26-tips-for-running-your-best-26-2/
- Marathon Rookie http://www.marathonrookie.com/
- Cross-train: yoga, hiking, cycling, swimming, and more!
- Run Coach https://runcoach.com
Apps to consider for tracking myself & staying in touch as to where I am:
Find a running club, gear, & being SAFE while running:
- Meet Up https://www.meetup.com/
- Runner’s World https://www.runnersworld.com/
- Helps with identifying safe & well-lit routes
- Wear high-visibility clothing & a headlamp or light
- Road ID https://www.roadid.com/
- Shoes: New Balance, Brooks & Saucony
To catch the next episode, be sure to subscribe to #InVinoFab wherever you get your podcasts.
Find us on Twitter and Instagram @InVinoFab and we’ll always welcome comments and messages sent by tweet, private message or email at firstname.lastname@example.org Cheers!
In Vino Fabulum! In Wine, Story!
To subscribe and listen to the next episode of #InVinoFab on:
Connect with your co-hosts on Twitter: